Monday 14 February 2011

Valentine's Day - first shoots of love

IMG_1287
My "surprise" Valentine's Day card from last year

On this lovely sunny Valentine's day I took a turn around the grounds at Tiararama Towers and as I always am at this time of year I was excited to see the new shoots and buds on the trees and shrubs and signs of the new spring bulbs. I couldn't help but turn my thoughts to that exciting buzz I used to feel many years ago as a teenager when I used to get Valentine's cards from my many admirers (well one or two and one of those was probably my sister playing a trick on me) and the thrill of what could be perceived as the potential first shoots of a new romance. When you're 14 it's not hard to imagine all sorts of things like this!

And then of course I considered how since I've been married, it has been my experience that Valentine's Day and the sentiments that go along with it actually tend to last throughout the year rather than being centred on one day....or at least that's what my husband keeps telling me which is why I was so surprised to get a Valentine's Day card last year. But then just look at it....who could have left this on the shelf?

And as I walked back into the house the very first thing I saw was my 2011 Spring and Summer collections glowing and sparkling at me in the sunlight and funnily enough the first piece that really caught my eye was First Shoots
First Shoots
I remember when I first designed it and the thought process and excitement behind it and it suddenly dawned on me that actually now I have started work on our 2012 collections although I still love it, all my excitement and ideas and energy is now being focused on all my new designs and ideas.

In some respects it was quite a sad moment but then I had that lovely realisation that this design and in fact all of our 2011 collections would never go away and as long as I look after the actual pieces they will be with me for quite a while to come. And that is quite comforting!

And as I look over all my sketches and notes and all the mock up pieces that I have created and all the ones that are still to come for our 2012 collections I am getting so excited about sharing them with you and anticipating how they will be received. Ordinarily I would say that you would have to wait until September to catch a first glimpse of one of our new pieces but I am too good to you! For on Saturday I received a lovely surprise (no it wasn't flowers or a card....alas!)! It was the very first shot of one of my 2012 Summer Collection pieces in the Spring issue of Asiana Wedding Magazine.

And here it is.....

All other information is of course under wraps until September but I'm sure there will be some more lovely sneaky peeks coming up soon!

So may I take this opportunity to wish you all a very happy valentine's day - a time to be excited about new possibilities, a time to remind ourselves of what we have now and to remember. And congratulations to any lucky girl (or boy) who have received (or even receive - the day is still young) a proposal! May the excitement continue.......

So until next time.......

No comments:

Post a Comment