Thursday 10 March 2011

Icebar London photoshoot


I believe it was on New Year's Eve when I received an email from Sarah from Sarah Vivienne Photography asking if she could borrow some of my pieces for a shoot she was doing at the IceBar, London the following week.

After trying to work out how to get the pieces to her in such a short timescale (and with the bank holidays), I thought that as the shoot was in London and well we live in London that I would just take the pieces along myself. At least then I knew they would arrive safely!

The IceBar itself is quite a confined space with walls, bar, art and sculptures all carved and created in ice. Even the glasses are made of ice! It is a fantastic location for an unusual drinks do but it is very, very cold. In fact I don't know how Lilly, the model, didn't freeze! There she was in virtually next to nothing whilst we were dressed in our winter clothes under the large thermal lined cloaks (not a dissimilar fabric to the cool bag affairs you can buy in M&S!) and gloves that are provided before you enter the room and we were still freezing! If you ever get invited to drinks there be careful of your hair as you pull these cloaks over your head and don't wear killer, skimpy heels - wear Uggs or similar furry lines boots! I think my big toe only thawed out last week it was that cold!

I took a few pieces with me but we used the following pieces:

Snowflakes from our 2011 Winter Collection


and our revised version of our Snow Queen crown which was first seen in 2009
PA312986 - blog
Photography by Assassynation

However I decided to update and refine the design for our 2011 Winter Collection and I am delighted to announce that this piece will be available to purchase from May 2011 and here are some lovely shots of it.




I love these pieces so much. Snowflakes is a large asymmetric piece which is made up of layers of individual snowflake shapes created in Swarovski crystal and white opal. It can be worn as a headband or across the forehead as styled in this shoot. It has a wonderful contemporary twist on a 1920s feel with a fabulous extravagance. I love designing pieces which have versatile uses and this piece is no exception.

Snow Queen is a bold structural Swarovski pearl crown with graduating columns that are bound in wire with silver lined seed beads to add a hint of glitter. You need to be brave to wear this piece and it is a proper Winter Wedding Wonder but if you can wear it, it looks stunning!

I love these images (and I hope you do too) and woud like to thank Sarah for wanting to use our pieces in this shoot. And I love the setting for this shoot but trust me I won't be going there again without putting 3 layers of thermals on first!

And for more images please see Sarah's blog

So until next time......

Additional thanks to Toni Creative for their fab hair and make-up talents.

1 comment:

  1. I've sat here for five minutes, staring at these, speechless. They're beautiful with a capital every letter in beautiful.

    ReplyDelete